It’s been three months, as suspected. The finale of Providence wasn’t as time-consuming as feared, but on the other hand, the last chapter of Voice of the Fire is proving to be quite dense. Plus, gardening season started, and, sadly, weeding still pays better than scholarship. That said, plenty has been annotated.
- Contributed to notes for Cinema Purgatorio #9 (featuring Thelma Todd and The Bat)
- Contributed to notes for Cinema Purgatorio #10 (featuring the Children’s Film Foundation)
- Contributed to notes for Providence #12 (the big finale!) (plus fixing a bunch of earlier annotations that turned out to be wrong guesses, and keeping up with integrating good comments from the community)
- Voice of the Fire chapter 10, featuring working-class poet John Clare
- Voice of the Fire chapter 11, featuring affable Alfie Rouse, philanderer and murderer.
I’ve also gotten a good start on the final chapter of Voice of the Fire, featuring Moore himself. Next update should feature that, another issue or two of Cinema Purgatorio, and the first few sections of “Round the Bend”. Be seeing you!